Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Coconut Sticky Rice

Ingredients:
1 cup pina colada drink mix
1 can (14 oz.) coconut milk
2 Tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups water
2 1/4 cup short grain rice
1/4 cup crushed pineapple

Bring drink mix, coconut milk, sugar, salt, and water to a slow boil. Stir in rice. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer on low heat for 30 minutes. If rice tests done, but excessive liquid remains, remove lid and leave on low heat until some liquid evaporates (5-8 minutes). Gently stir in crushed pineapple and fluff with a fork.

My favorite item to eat with this sweet rice is teriyaki chicken! These two items make a perfect combination!

1 comment:

  1. YUMMY!!! That sure looks good! I'm going to make it this weekend. Your such a martha I wish I could cook like you...I need to get your pie recipe too! I'm so glad i have your blog now so we can be bloggin buddies. Hope your have a good week, and also hope your birthday was a blast! Lets get together again soon!

    ReplyDelete